Monday, January 6, 2014

Nail Art | Blue Floral

First nail art of 2014! I have a bit of a love affair with floral print mani's (see here, here, & here), so I decided for the new year to sport a navy ivory rose pattern. The steely blues keep the vibe wintery even with the flowers.


My nails are currently super short, courtesy of the winter weather. I need to order a bottle of Nail Envy stat! For this design, I started with two coats of Zoya Natty as the base (my favourite polish ever). Next, I made some blobby rose shapes with Zoya Jacqueline, an ivory creme, with a small nail art brush. For the rose details, I used Julep (a lighter steel blue), Zoya Dove (a light gray), and Zoya Natty. For the leaves, I used Julep Laura and a mix of Julep Laura and Zoya Jacqueline for the detail. My accent nail is Zoya Fei Fei with Julep Paris for some added sparkle.

I don't think I will get over floral prints anytime soon, even in the winter. This colour scheme has been going perfectly with all my winter outfits.


No comments:

Post a Comment