Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine's Day Roses Nail Art


I love Valentine's Day! It is truly one of my favourite holidays. I feel like I have so many Valentine's Day traditions. Maybe even more than Christmas....my family of all girls is weird I guess! Whether I am single or in a relationship, I am a sucker for the cutesy printed socks, stationery, & stickers. And who doesn't love going out to eat? Whether it be lunch with family & friends or dinner with the boyfriend, I love an excuse to splurge at a favourite restaurant & on little gifts for loved ones!

For my nails, I wanted to do something cutesy & girly. Over the weekend, I painted my nails light pink and did a corresponding glitter gradient. It was cute but just not very me. I am not much of a pink nail polish person, and it just didn't fit. So instead, I decided to try out a floral design with red. I am so happy with how it turned out! And the flowers were deceptively easy to do.


I started with a nude base. I used two coats of Essie Jazz. Next, I used the brush from the red polish, Essie Silken Cord, to make flowery blobs on my middle, ring, & thumb. After that dried a bit, I used a dotting tool (aka a bobby pin) to add small dots in the red flower to resemble petals. I used a red glitter, China Glaze Ruby Pumps to give more depth to my roses. I used the dotting tool again for the leaves using Color Club Wild Cactus. On my index and pinky, I used a smaller brush to paint on stripes using CG Ruby Pumps. I completed this mani with a coat of Seche Vite.


I am so obsessed with this design! Preston says my nails look like a grandma's couch... He did clarify that that's what Valentine's Day is kind of like, so I guess that's a complement? Anyway, I really like them & am really happy with the result of my first try at a floral print. I can't wait to try some more colour combinations, though I really am loving the red & nude for a classic Valentine's Day look.


Are you painting your nails Valentine's Day themed? Do you have any special plans for Valentine's Day this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment