Friday, August 30, 2013

Classic Floral Nails

I love floral nail art. It's just so pretty. I have done a floral design a couple of times previously, for Valentine's Day and a Black & White version. This time, I picked a traditional colour scheme using some of my all-time favourite nail polishes.



I started with a light sage green, slightly mint, base, Zoya Neely. Next, I used a nail art brush to paint on rough rose-like shapes with Butter London Fruit Machine. Then, I used a super small nail art brush to paint the petals with Zoya Jacqueline, an ivory, followed by Julep Teri, a coral. Lastly, I added the leaves using Julep Laura, an army green, and added a bit of Zoya Neely for dimension. For my accent nail, I used Julep Ginger, a holographic rose-gold, and Wet 'n Wild Flossy Flossy, a multi-colour glitter with rose gold and gold large pieces and smaller green and blue pieces.


I just love how they turned out and don't want to take my nail polish off! Even though I am excited for fall nail colours, I know I will still be painting some floral nails every once in awhile. I am trying to come up with a fall version maybe a leaves pattern?

Do you love floral nails? What colour combinations are your favourite?

2 comments: