Thursday, January 30, 2014

UD Naked 3 | Smoky Quartz

Another Naked 3 look! I have been using this palette non-stop. My previous looks included: Pink & Chocolate and an Everyday Eye. This time I decided to smoke things out a bit more for a winter evening out (hence the snow in my hair...) I have been using the darker shades in this palette quite a bit but decided make it a bit more dramatic by pairing it with a coloured cream shadow base. I love the results and will be trying this method out with more of the Naked 3 shades.


For the eyes, I started with UD's original Primer Potion, a must-have for me especially with the winter chill in the air, followed by the Mally Age Rebel Shadow Stick in Smoky Quartz. It's a gorgeous cranberry/burgundy shade. My theory was using this as a base would make the rose tones of the deeper shades in the palette show up even better. For all over the lid, I used Mugshot. Love, love, love this taupe shade. To deepen the outer-v, I first went in the Darkside, another fav, and then took it even further with Blackheart. To blend the shadows out, I used Limit and Nooner as my transitional crease shades. Limit on the first half and Nooner on the second half (just like in my everyday eye post). For my lower lashline, I mirrored what I did on the lid. Mugshot on about two-thirds and Darkside and Blackheart on the outer third in a gradient. Under the brow, I used Strange, my new go-to for that area, and inner corner Venus from the UD Naked Basics palette.

Other products used...
Brows | tarte Brow Architect
Tightline | UD 24/7 Liner in Zero
Waterline | UD 24/7 Liner in Rockstar
Liquid Liner | Elf Liquid Liner Black & WnW Panther to set
Mascara | UD Supercurl Mascara
Blush | NYX Dusty Rose
Highlight | WnW Reserve Your Cabana
Contour | Sleek Contour Kit in Light
Lips | tarte Butter Lipstick in Plummy Rose

(...and a foundation routine is in the works!)

Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment