Monday, September 2, 2013

Favourites | August

Happy September! September is my favourite month for several reasons, including but not limited to: my birthday, pumpkin spiced lattes, and the beginnings of Autumn. So, I am excited to move forward. For August, I was a little skin care obsessed and stuck to my make-up basics, with a few updates.


NYX Blush is Terra Cota
BeautyBlender
Essie For the Twill of It
Model Co Party Proof Matte Lipstick in Get Naked
Julep Sugar Smooch Lip Scrub
Whish Exfoliating Body Wash in Coconut Milk

NYX Terra Cota is aptly named (unlike some other NYX products...Beige.) It's a warm reddish-orange shimmer finish blush. It really warms up your complexion. A great transitional blush for late summer. One of my most exciting discovery was the BeautyBlender. I finally purchased this little pink sponge, and I am loving it. It flawlessly applies foundation, concealer, and cream blushes. The finish looks very natural even with full coverage products. It also makes blending cream blushes easy. As for nail polish, the amazing duochrome of Essie For the Twill of It secured it in this month's favourites. A great fall polish, to see it in action click here.

 The ModelCo Party Proof Matte Lipstick in Get Naked has been my go-to nude. Perfect nude for not looking too washed out. I also have been layering it over brighter shades for a more toned down, natural look. For prepping my lip looks, I have been using the Julep Sugar Smooch Lip Scrub. It smells amazing,brown sugar and honey, and exfoliates and conditions your lips. Also the jar is so cute. I leave it on my bathroom counter; it looks gorgeous, and I never forget to use it. Another exfoliating/conditioning favourite has been the Whish Exfoliating Body Wash in Coconut Milk. It's great for exfoliating pre-shave to get super smooth legs.


 Michael Todd Organics Pumpkin Mask
Juice Beauty Apple Peel Sensitive
Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist
Suki Balancing Kit

I have been testing out a variety of new skincare products this month trying to piece together my perfect regime. One thing I new I wanted to incorporate was a glycolic acid mask. I have mentioned it here and here. Two I have tried and loved are the Michael Todd Pumpkin Mask and the Juice Beauty Apple Peel Sensitive. I have been using either one or the other about once a week. Another step I added into my routine, was the Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist. I use this twice a day after I cleanse my face. It removes any last debris and is very hydrating. 

Another skincare favourite has been the Suki Balancing Kit. This kit came with five products: Pure Facial Moisture-Balancing, Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser, Concentrated Balancing Toner, Transformative Cleansing Clay, and Balancing Day Lotion. I have loved each product in this kit and would recommend checking it out if you are interested in changing up your skincare routine.

What were your favourites this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment