Monday, August 12, 2013

Essie 'For the Twill of It'


The fall nail polish collections have been revealed, and I am, of course, smitten. Combine my love of nail polish with my favourite season, and you have my attention. Aimlessly flipping through a magazine, I came across the advertisement for Essie's fall collection. It was love at first sight. 


'For the Twill of It' is a duochrome purple-green, and when it's not casting the colours, it appears a dark metallic grey. It can look like a completely different nail polish in certain lights. I have caught myself staring at my nails quite often, moving my hands, seeing what it will look like next! The formula is great, and application was easy. These photos are of two coats with a top coat.


I would definitely say the duochrome of "For the Twill of It" is strong and apparent. However, the advertisement and the appearance in the bottle, do up the ante. 

Even so, I am obsessed with this polish. I think this is the perfect shade for fall and definitely something I don't already have in my collection. It also might just be the new "it" colour, as OPI's Peace, Love, and OPI from their San Francisco Collection is very similar. The other colours from Essie's Fall Collection are catching my eye as well. Cashmere Bathrobe and Vested Interest have been added to my wishlist.

What new fall polish releases are on your wishlist?

4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite colors from last fall. I wanted to show a friend in Canada and you had the best pics on google. This is exactly what it looks like! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad I could help! I can be hard to show duochromes :]

      Delete