Friday, November 14, 2014

Three Leave-In Conditioners

As a kid, I needed a detangler spray. My hair was impossible to tame. Then, as a teen, I replaced it with using way-too-much conditioner. I've always just given up on my hair as something that is going to end up in a ponytail, as the only time it looks good is when I spend an hour heat styling and ain't nobody got time for that...

But now, I am hooked on leave-in treatments. It started with the much talked about it's a 10 miracle leave-in product.  The rich conditioner-in-spray-form kept my hair shiny and also prepped it for blow-drying (if I managed to have the time). It smells super amazing too. The only negative-the $20 price point for a small bottle. So when I ran out, I decided to try something new. YouTuber Rachel Talbott, talks about the Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla leave-in conditioner frequently, and when I spotted it in Target, I figured I'd give it a go. This one is similar to the "detanglers" of my childhood, with a liquid consistency. The light vanilla scent smells so good, and it lingers too. It's not as instantly hydrating feeling as the richer formulas, but it does seem to be effective. Finally, the newest addition to the leave-in rotation: the Proganix Quench Leave-In Moisture + Nourish. Like It's a 10, it's a cream formula. Ogx/Organix is my favourite affordable haircare brand, so I wanted to try this new line of "pro" products. I personally like to use both the latter together- I probably have too much fun spraying my hair after a shower....but they all smell so good!

Any favourite hair leave-ins? I would love to hear your recs!



No comments:

Post a Comment