Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Beauty Favourites | September 2014

No!! My birthday month is over! Oh well, at least Autumn is now in full swing-I am just waiting on those leaves to change. I am pretty excited about this month. I have always loved October-the crisp air, red leaves, Halloween. I can't wait to carve pumpkins and wander around Prospect Park. For September beauty, I was busting out the fall themed products and loved it.


A couple of eyeshadow combinations were go-to looks for me this month. WnW Nutty over the lid with Girly from the Too Faced Pretty Rebel palette on the outer half was basically a daily routine. Girly is that Mac Club-esque shade, burgundy/teal duochrome. There is a good dupe for it in the WnW Comfort Zone palette, if you want to get the look. Another eyeshadow combination I was loving this month was pairing the Elf Long-Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in Soiree with the WnW Smoke & Melrose eyeshadow palette. A super pretty rosy, burgundy eye.

A fall staple-Nars Sin was another product I think I used everyday this month. I can't get enough of this plummy blush. I finally made my way back round to repurchasing the WnW Coverall Foundation. This stuff is so good for $4. I use the BeautyBlender to apply it (how about we count that as a favourite this month too!) Natural coverage, and a more matte finish.

For lips, I discovered some new products: new scent in of the Burt's Bees Lip Balm-Vanilla Bean; a new to me WnW Lipstick in Wine Room; and a limited edition WnW Lipstick in Rose to Fame.

Finally for this month, there were a couple of Birchbox sample loves. This amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo is adorable while also working super well for refreshing your hair. The Mereadesso All-in-One Moisturizer smells so good and is a great moisturizer for under make-up as it feels light and absorbs basically instantly. I am not too sure if I can vouch for the "all-in-one" claim, but I am loving it as a moisturizer.

Just a few favourites this month, and they will probably stay favs throughout October. Though I am already anticipating a couple new items to add to the rotation...

What were some of your beauty favourites this past month?


2 comments:

  1. I love the amika dry shampoo! I've never tried anything from wet n wild but that palette looks gorgeous! I'll have to check it out!

    Happy October!!

    xoxo,
    Lisa

    https://www.LisaRosado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! Wet n Wild was a brand I overlooked for so long, but I have been so impressed with their line (and it's ridiculously inexpensive making it easy to try new things.)

      Delete