Monday, October 27, 2014

A $5 Too Faced Pretty Rebel Dupe

When I spotted this little elf set at Walgreens, I was excited. The colours looked so pretty, and for only five dollars, it was a steal. I was impressed that the set featured good mix of neutrals and jeweltones in fun combinations. It wasn't until I came home that it dawned on me....I already have these shades. No wonder I was so impressed with the colours; the same thoughts rolled in my head when I purchased the Too Faced Pretty Rebel palette. I couldn't help but laugh at my beauty junkie moment- I basically bought the same exact palette.

On the bright side, I am glad to be able to show you this find in case you missed out on the Too Faced palette as it was limited edition. And even though I found mine at Nordstrom Rack for a steal, it still wasn't five dollars good. The set comes with 4 split pan eyeshadows for a total of 8 shades and an elf short flat shadow brush. I love elf brushes, so this is definitely a worthwhile addition to the set.

The split pan correspond exactly to the Too Faced palette. And guess what, I even spotted a split pan for the last two shades. This was definitely meant to be a dupe. I think I have only tried elf powder shadows once years ago, so I was a bit worried that though they look pretty in the pans, the pigmentation would fall flat. I was pleasantly surprised when swatching.

Impressive, right? There are a few slight differences such as the mattes are a bit more powdery in the elf shadows. Girly shows a stronger shift than the elf version and Badass is has more metallic sparkle than elf. Other than that, they are dead-on. If you already have Pretty Rebel you definitely don't need this set too. I hope that my beauty mistake ended up helping you if you missed out on the limited edition palette or didn't want to spend the cash. It would also be the perfect stocking stuffer for friends (yup, we are almost there.)

Have you ever had a beauty moment where you bought the same thing??

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think this is my greatest dupe discovery yet! I am still laughing at myself for buying basically the same thing....lol

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the swatches. I have this in my cart at iherb for pay day and I was desperate for good swatches to make up my mind and now I'm definitely buying them 😃

    ReplyDelete