Monday, July 21, 2014

Makeup Look | Metallics & Jeweltones

Even though it's summer, I have been feeling jeweltones and rich metallics. This looks is probably more fall appropriate, but I am loving the combination. I have been thinking about a look like this for awhile, and after watching this video, I was like, "Let's do this!"

For my main eyeshadow shades, I used the Sleek Storm palette. This palette is so gorgeous, so I love whenever I get a chance to use it. For my lid colour, I used the lighter grey-blue, second one on the second row. For the outer-v, I used the deep warm brown, first on the second row. I blended these out a bit with the warm matte brown, third one on the top row. I also used shades from the handy-dandy UD Naked Basics palette, including using Venus as an inner-corner highlight. The rest of the make-up is pretty self-explanatory. For this look, I think it's super important to conceal well under the eyes as the darker shades and the blue can make you look tired/bruised. I started with the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla and then applied the Physician's Formula NudeWear Concealer over the top for some added brightening. Another tip with dark shadows is to make sure your lashes are defined. I used Elf's liquid liner across the lashline and winged out as well as a few coats of Too Faced Better than Sex mascara. Leave me a comment if you need any more details about the look or the products I used!

Let me know if you try this look out!

No comments:

Post a Comment