Monday, June 16, 2014

SheaMoisture Create-Your-Own Palette

A create-your-own palette from Target? I was instantly intrigued after watching Color Swept Beauty mention the range in a video (I am currently obsessed with her channel...) I really didn't need any more eyeshadow, but when I accidentally stumbled across the display at Target, I found some shadows I had to have. I then decided to throw in the empty palette. I have been meaning to depot my Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. IV forever now and at only $10, it was much more affordable than the other options. Though, now I just want to fill this up with more of the Shea Moisture shades!

The two shadows I picked up were Cassandra and Montana. Montana is a super metallic champagne, and Cassandra is a pink & gold duochrome, like Nars Orgasm in eye-shadow form. There were so many other beautiful colors, but I convinced myself that I should see if I like the quality before diving in too deep. The size of these shadows is huge, and they swatch more like pressed pigments than your typical eyeshadow. I like to use a cream shadow base underneath to keep the shadows smooth and pigmented. The empty palette comes in two sizes, I decided to go with the larger. It's a sleek burgundy aluminum tin with a magnet lining. In addition to the shadows, there are blushes, lip shades, and powders that are all sold in pan form. I am already working up quite the wishlist.

Have you tried any of the Shea Moisture cosmetic range?

4 comments:

  1. What happened if the tray gets stuck to a metal object or is it only on the inside of the tray that's magnetic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the inside is magnetic! And it's strong enough to keep the eyeshadows in place, but it is easy to remove things!

      Delete
  2. how would you say the sticking power of the palette is? I'm debating getting one as i dont really want to spend the money on a zpalette, but i dont want my shadows to slip and slide around and get damaged

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect at keeping the shadows in place. I haven't had anything move around. My only caveat is I haven't traveled with it which would be the ultimate test.

      Delete