Thursday, June 5, 2014

Fitness Update

Though, it doesn't look like it by their...fluff...my cats love to exercise. Every time I unroll the yoga mat they hop on, rolling around like it's the best toy ever. I didn't even have time to grab some of my fitness essentials before Rococo made herself comfortable. Anyway, cats aside, today I thought I'd share a bit of an update on my fitness routine. I first shared my goal to do more yoga this New Year's & a workout outfit review, so I figured it was time to let you know how the journey is coming along and some of my must-haves.

I really only started consistently working out this past March. I do everything from home using my laptop for YouTube videos. I started with Cassey Ho's Blogilates calendar. It was an easy way for me to stay focused and know what to do in the 'fitness world' I knew so little about, especially for an agenda-oriented person like myself. Now, I don't stick to the calender, but I do still use the videos. I also started doing Tara Stile's The Yoga Solution routines. When I want a bit more cardio, I will throw in a Tone It Up workout. Since I started mixing and matching videos, I decided to keep a journal of it. It helps me keep track of what I have been doing throughout the week, and it's interesting to see what videos are my favourites. A recent obsession of mine is the app-Moves. It tracks your movement all day whether it be walking, cycling, public transit. Living in the city, I knew I walked quite a bit, but it's amazing to see the miles add up. It's also motivating to try to beat your record. For workout clothes, I love the quality, styles, and prices of Fabletics. You can get your first outfit for 50%! You can see all the info on that here.

Though I was always 'skinny', it feels great to be in shape (I actually have abs now! Well, I'm super excited about it...) It's so funny to do some of the videos now that I remember struggling with so much when I first started. Don't get me wrong, they are still challenging, but at least now, I can finish! Some of my favourites are: Blogilates 5 Best Lower Ab Moves, Blogilates Playa del Plank, Blogilates Intense Ab, The Yoga Solution Crazy Core Building Routine, The Yoga Solution Body & Mind Flexibility. Let me know if you have any favourite YouTube workouts!

I am really happy with my progress. I actually enjoy working out now. I think the best thing is to find out what works for you and not to be discouraged when it's difficult-it will be. Though, I love what I am doing now, I have some more goals for the future. I would love to start running. It would be a shame not to living so close to Prospect Park. Plus, then I would have running distance on my Moves app (told ya it's motivating!) And though I am quite the introvert, I think it could be fun to take some classes. I would love to take some Strala classes...

What are some of your fitness goals?


No comments:

Post a Comment