Friday, March 28, 2014

Drugstore Eyeshadow Sticks | Milani & Jordana

I have been quite into the cream eyeshadow base of late, and I wanted to share two of my first purchases in this realm. Both are that stand-by champagne cream colour but with different finishes. The first is the Milani Shadow Eyez in Champagne Toast, which was in my February Favourites, and the second is the Jordana 12HR Made to Last Eyeshadow Pencil in Continuous Almond, a recent purchase.


The Milani Shadow Eyez has a metallic finish and is perfect for layering with shimmery or satin shades for an added metallic boost. It's very easy to blend, and it gives you a little bit of time to work with it before it dries. I haven't experienced any creasing, and it lasts all day. I do use a primer beforehand, but my eyelids are heavily prone to creasing. I apply it all over my lid and along my lower lashine then use my finger to soften the edges. Next, I follow up with my eyeshadows.

The Jordana Eyeshadow Pencil is a great matte alternative in a creamy almond shade. It is easy to apply from the stick to your eye, but it does dry much faster than the Milani. I have to apply to one eye and blend before going to the next eye. I also don't apply this along my lower lashline because I find it gets into fine lines. I am thinking it's because it's matte so the formula is a bit more drying. It has a great lasting power because of that. This would be a great go-to if you like to have a neutral base before you apply shadows.

I love these neutral creamy shadow sticks! It's nice to have a matte and metallic option in my arsenal to help prep for shadows that will last all day.

Do you use eyeshadow bases?

No comments:

Post a Comment