Monday, February 17, 2014

New In | Winter Sales Fashion Haul

I am not too much of a fashion girl, so I rarely post on topics relating to the sort. My 'classual' aesthetic isn't the most interesting (every ootd post would be jeans & a sweater). I do, however, love shopping.  I picked up a few new items during the winter sales that I thought were super great steals  And though they are surplus items from the winter season, I went in with the mindset to find things that would fit in perfectly for spring. Wishful thinking perhaps...


Dolcetta by Dolce Vita Cutout Boot from Urban Outfitters
I have been on the look out for black ankle boots and spotted these. I am a huge fan of Dolce Vita shoes. I just love the style. I wasn't aware they had a lower priced line Dolcetta (I think it might be an UO exclusive line?), with non leather options. They are a gorgeous faux suede with a short stacked heel, buckle & strap detailing, and cut outs. I know the cut-out boot trend is very on point; I wasn't really looking for that, but it actually is quite cute. I love the brown version and the wine coloured option as well. They are available on the UO website, though I found them for cheaper in stores. These will be perfect with jeans and later shirt dresses when the weather gets warmer.

Pins and Needles Scarf Deer from Urban Outfitters
I have a thing for woodland motifs and lavender, so this scarf is perfection. They also had a black & white cat version and a army green koi fish print at my UO, all super cute. For only $5, I wasn't going to leave the store without it. And again, it will work great in spring especially in this pastel purple shade. I couldn't find this one online, so check your store if you fancy it as much as I do.

Kimchi Blue Quinn Jacquard Mini Dress from Urban Outfitters
Probably the best deal as I scored this gorgeous dress for $10. I'm surprised it was a winter dress at all seeing how ideal it looks for spring. This is definitely going to be my go-to wedding attendance ensemble. It even has pockets. This, as well, is still on the website, but for a much higher price. I am starting to suspect that this might have been mismarked in my store as all the other dresses from the 2013 holiday line were still at $29.99.

Zara Knitwear Open Cardigan 
I love Zara's knitwear, so every year I stalk the winter sales to add to the collection. I went a bit crazy last year, so I tried to be more selective. They had this sweater in several different shades. Honestly, I wanted one of each but decided on this oatmeal shade. It's a nice ribbed knit, open, with bracelet length sleeves, making it a great transitional piece that would work in the warmer months. I couldn't find this one online, but at my store they had it in this shade as well as a navy and a heather gray for $12.99. Such a steal. 

I have a feeling I will be wearing the boots, scarf, and cardigan all the time, and bonus, they look super cute worn all together with jeans and a plain tee. And when you spot a dress that you like for a good price you have to go for it. Isn't it the worst to go shopping for a special occasion outfit last minute? I also picked up some beauty bits with the anticipation for spring, but I will save those for another post...Spoilers were in this week's Seven.

Have you picked up any new clothing items during the end-of-season sales?

No comments:

Post a Comment