Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Birchbox | June 2013

 I can't believe it has been a year since I first subscribed to Birchbox! I still love receiving this little box each month. I have discovered so many new favourites. This month Birchbox made several design changes to their website, logo, and boxes. I quite like the new aesthetic. The theme for the June 2013 box is Wanderlust, which is something I can get right behind. I love bringing my samples with me when I travel; it's a perfect match.


 Box Breakdown 
Color Club | Mod in Manhattan
Davines | Love Smoothing Shampoo
Davines | Love Smoothing Conditioner
Davines | Oi/Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion
suki | Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser
Oscar de la Renta | Something Blue

 I am most excited to try the suki Exfoliating cleanser and the Color Club mini. The suki cleanser smells amazing, lemongrass and sugar, and the pot is super cute. All the Birchbox exclusive Color Club Wanderlust colours are on trend, and I am happy with this creamy off-white shade.

The size of the Davine shampoo is large for a sample box and smells great as well. It's nice that they included the conditioner and oil samples as bonuses for a complete hair care sample regime. I do prefer a variety of brands and products when I receive a sample box. But I like that they are at least different products that will complement each other. I'm least excited about the Oscar de la Renta perfume sample. It's a bit too musky for me and the vial doesn't have a pump lessening the likelihood I will use it.

Honestly, my favourite part of the box were the postcards! I'm stationery obsessed, and I love the simple, colourful graphics of landmarks from each city.

What did you get in your Birchbox this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment