Wednesday, April 3, 2013

March Fashion & Random Favourites


Monday I showed you what I had been loving in March in the realm of make-up, skincare, hair & nails, and today I thought I would share my lifestyle favourites. Fashion, jewelry,  food/drinks, & more!

Chunky Pull-Over Sweaters

My go-to outfit this month has been a warm, loose sweater, skinny jeans, & a pair of boots. It has been perfect for running errands and long days on campus. I love how you don't have to sacrifice comfort while still looking put-together. Most of these sweaters were purchased this season during the winter sales.

Sheer Collared Blouses

I love the versatility of a sheer collared blouse. These definitely perform double-duty in my wardrobe. Paired with slacks or a pencil skirt, and I will wear them to my externship, with jeans and it's casual. Tucked in, loose, tied in a bow, buttoned all the way up with a statement necklace, buttons undone with a dainty gold necklace. The styling possibilities are endless.

Jewelry
Last month, I was constantly wearing these three pieces. If I needed a bigger piece I wore Mint Tab Strand necklace from Baublebar. For an everyday necklace, I'd wear the amethyst geode necklace that I bought in a small shop in Astoria. Around my wrist I would wear the Monaco Holiday Bracelet from Jewelmint. I love that they each represent a trend (mint, rose gold, geodes) while still being classic.

Zara Office City Bag

This bag is perfection! I was searching for a bag that would fit my MacBook, be appropriate for work & school, and still look like a normal purse. Zara's Office City Bag delivers on all of these requirements. It has 5 pockets perfect for fitting all my necessities. The padded inner pocket can fit a 17" laptop (I have a 13" MacBook Pro which fits perfectly in it's neoprene case), two additional zipped compartments (great for notebooks and folders), and two open pockets with snap closure (the front one has credit card slots & pockets & the back one has a padded pocket for an iPad or e-reader). The inner lining is a burgundy colour, and the hardware is both gold & silver, depending on lighting making it literally match everything. I have received so many compliments on this bag ( I even had a friend ask me the name & order it on her phone right then & there!) It's a great price for the quality, size, & utility.

Coffee or Tea?
A random beverage favourite this March was Coffee-Tea, especially the Coffee Pu'erh from David's Tea. A David's Tea recently opened up in Park Slope and ever since we discovered it, we have been there basically every week trying out new teas. I am a coffee addict and a tea lover, so I was intrigued by the idea of a coffee-tea-hybrid.  And basically for the whole month of March, I didn't make coffee in the morning instead brewing the Coffee Pu'erh! If you have ever found yourself internally debating between coffee or tea you will love this!

What were some of your fashion & random favourites from this month?





1 comment:

  1. Those necklaces are super pretty! Love the sheer blouses and chunky sweaters as well(:

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete