Thursday, April 11, 2013

Ipsy | April 2013


This is my first Ipsy/MyGlam bag ever! I loved the March bag so much, I decided to try out this subscription service. This month's theme is "Pretty in Pink" which wouldn't be my ideal (I'm weirdly not a pink person.) However, I am really happy with all the products & can't wait to try them out.



 Bag Breakdown
healthy sexy hair | nourishing styling treatment
two cosmetics | eyeshadow duo in heartache
 be a bombshell | blush in Sweet Cheeks
Sation Nail Lacquer | Love at First Byte

I love how everything was packaged. It made it seem much more expensive than $10.  Receiving three full size products and one travel size is also great. I like that it's all different types of products you could use for a complete look. Nails, eyes, cheeks, & hair....Ipsy's got you covered.


The nail polish is a peachy pastel in a cream finish while the blush and eyeshadow duo are both cool, medium pinks. Both have a more frosty, satin finish. The packaging of the blush and eyeshadow duo aren't the most sturdy feeling having a lightweight plastic feel, but it's not too big of a deal.


The bag is white nylon-type material with a patent pink band around the zipper. The inside is pink and white vertical stripes with ipsy written periodically. It's cute, but the white is going to get so dirty, with little effort. Everything fits perfectly inside which is a nice touch, and it's a good size for putting in your purse.


So that's a brief look at what I received in April's Ipsy bag! I'm happy that I subscribed and am looking forward to next month's bag. My opinion on the Birchbox vs. Ipsy debate is that it's comparing apples and oranges (...maybe more like granny smith and fuji). I feel though both are monthly beauty subscription services, that they have different goals. Ipsy is giving you larger sizes of more mid-range brands. The discount codes included with the bag allow you to order different colours or different products from the brand. I feel Birchbox is giving you smaller sizes of more luxury brands as a way for you to try them out in order to later commit to a full-size, as their point system will let you purchase items from their store. I definitely not feel like I am going overkill by receiving both each month.

Are you an Ipsy subscriber? Did you like this month's bag?




No comments:

Post a Comment