Sunday, March 3, 2013

tarte Journey to Natural Beauty

tarte is one of my favourite make-up brands. I love their views on incorporating natural ingredients and their stance on animal testing. Not to mention their products are amazing, and design is gorgeous! I have slowly been adding more of their line into my collection. However about a month ago, I dived right in by ordering this 6-piece set, Journey to Natural Beauty, from QVC.

 I was able to just sneak in on the waiting list for my shade and lock in the 'Today's Special Value' pricing. I had been debating all day about ordering. Though it was a tremendously great value, it was still quite a bit to spend on one purchase. What really made me apprehensive was the additional fees for tax and shipping. Even compounding the price, this was an amazing score for six full-size products and a make-up bag. It's basically all you need for a whole look! I also knew that each of these products was on my wishlist and would be well-used (It's never fun to order a set and only want to use a few of the products.)

 
Journey to Natural Beauty Collection 
  1. lights, camera, flashes! mascara
  2. the brow architect shaper liner & definer
  3. Amazonian butter lipstick in plummy rose
  4. Amazonian clay blush in fearless
  5. Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation in light
  6. airbrush finish bamboo foundation
 I love the Amazonian clay blushes and am glad to add fearless, a shimmering warm pink to my collection. I am anticipating this being my most worn blush of spring & summer! I am also excited to try the Amazonian clay foundation. I have heard so many great things about it but have only swatched it at Sephora, never taking the leap to purchase. It will be nice to try it out with the airbrush finish brush, in such a cute print! The pink & purple chevron is probably what pushed me over the fence to place the order...


I'm sure the newest addition to the tarte mascara line, lights, camera, flashes! will be a hit. The gold snake-embossed tube is so glamorous. The differing lengths on the rubber wand are very intriguing. I am keeping it tightly sealed though as I have a couple of more mascaras I need to finish! Including it's predecessor, lights, camera, lashes & tarte's gifted mascara.

 Butter lipsticks are a new addition to the tarte line, and the shade plummy rose is the perfect everyday colour. It smells of mint. Mmm!

I have been on the market for a brow product. I have never been one to fill in my brows, always considering it be kind of unnecessary as mine are on the fuller side. They are so important to framing your face, so I had been thinking of giving it a go and adding brows to my daily make-up steps. However, I had no idea which product(s) to try or what colour to go for. I feel like the brow architect is just what I was looking for! It has three different tools in one simple pencil form. Plus the shade is universal so minimal worries about colour selection.

&& Below are swatches of the products included in the set:

And to store all of your new products is a cute foldover style make-up bag with gold flecked woven fabric on one side and raffia pink & purple chevron on the over. The hardware is in gold and the internal fabric is royal purple satin. If left unfolded it's a huge size! I like the aesthetic when it's folded over.


And that's the tarte Journey to Natural Beauty 6-piece collection! It's exclusively available on QVC. It's definitely an amazing value, even when not picked up at the 'Today's Special Value' price.  I know each of these products will become staples for me. Definitely spring classics! 
Did you order the tarte Journey to Natural Beauty set? Do you like buying sets or do you prefer buying individual products at a time?

2 comments:

  1. i have the same tarte foundation and it's amazing. love your blog! following you now (:

    lindseyduffin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I have been loving the foundation!

      Following back! :]

      Delete