Monday, March 18, 2013

Julep Maven | March 2013

As you know, I was obsessed with my last Julep box. And I am just as in love with this one. I have been constantly thinking of spring colours (despite it snowing), and this month Julep delivered with their Playful Collection. I chose 'It Girl' this month because it had the exact colours from the collection that I wanted.

Box Breakdown 
Strawberry-Mint Lip Balm
Teri Coral Creme
Shenae Mint with Opalescent Shimmer
Simone Lilac with Opalescent Shimmer
I am not usually one for shimmers, preferring cremes or all-out glitters, but Shenae & Simone are gorgeous! Not frosty looking at all. They almost look like a creme finish but in certain lights have a cool blue duochrome shift. These colours were just what I was looking for. Coral, mint, & lilac: what could be more perfect?

The first manicure I did with my new polishes was a gradient using Shenae & Simone. The colours blended beautifully. I topped it off with the Julep Freedom Top Coat.

I am also really loving the lipbalm. The strawberry mint flavour smells & tastes so good!


I can't wait for it to finally be Spring, so I can seem a little more appropriate wearing these colours. Are you a Julep Maven? What box did you pick or did you skip?


6 comments:

  1. You do your nails so nicely! I've only been successful with an ombre nail only once and I've been trying to get better at it ever since haha beautiful colors!

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I want the Julep nail polishes so badly, you made me want them even more now haha:)
    You combined the colors so nicely it turned out super pretty!
    much love<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Julep nail polishes! They're amazing! Great blog! Keep up the good work!! Followed :)

    xoxo

    http://lavitadolce-xo.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete